In March 2014 Transport for NSW completed construction of the 5.6 kilometre Inner West Light Rail Extension from Lilyfield to Dulwich Hill. The service is now operating with a new, state-of-the-art light rail fleet to improve the customer experience.
The project involved the construction of 9 new stops and a stabling yard. As well, GM Poles was involved in the upgrade of 14 existing stops between Central and Lilyfield. GM Poles designed and supplied specialty poles for:-
– General lighting with KIM Light fittings for stops, stairs and surrounding walkways
– Lighting and public address speakers
– Real time information and timetable update
– Passenger information displays (PIDs) that incorporate help points and microphones
– Specialty mid-hinged CCTV camera poles for the stabling and stops.
Photo Courtesy of Transport for NSW.